Are you stuck? Are you unable to find other possibilities, other solutions to your problems? Do you want to change and just don't know how?
My orientation as a therapist is a Systems approach to treatment. I look at the "big picture" as to why now, what is the presenting problem and what is the impact of other people and circumstances on that problem. By widening the "lens" of the problem, you can begin to see other possibilities and this can help you to change, move on and feel better about yourself, your relationship, your children, etc. People very often feel "stuck" and just need someone to guide them through a difficult time in their lives. I provide tools to help people work through these issues in specific, practical, and analytical ways. I offer short term and longer term treatment, depending upon the problems. Our work together can be problem focused, or just help you to learn how to make decisions, choices and improve the quality of your life.
Let's Get Busy!
My Experience As A Therapist:
For many years, I worked in out-patient clinics, both in hospital settings and in out- patient psychiatric clinics. I also worked for several years in drug and alcohol rehabilitation settings. I began my private practice in 1982, after completing my post graduate training at Ackerman Institute for Marriage and Family Therapy in New York City.
- B.A. Psychology and English
- M.A. Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- M.S.W. Degree in Clinical Social Work
- Post Graduate Certificate from Ackerman Institute for the Family:
Completed the Two Year Externship and an additional One Year Post Grad of the Externship
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
NJ # 44SC01335700
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- Member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Former member of the Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group
My private practice was in New York City until I moved to New Jersey in 1985. I have been in private practice ever since.
I ALSO OFFER:
SUPERVISION OF COLLEAGES
I have a general practice but have specialized experience in the treatment of:
Please see my Services page